Kryptomon is a remote-first gaming company based on blockchain technology, where Pokémon meet Tamagotchi and CryptoKitties. Founded in the year 2021 by a group of multidisciplinary friends connected by their love for Pokémon and videogames, we are now a team of 30+ talents from over 15 different countries around the globe. By using the latest technology and innovation, we are aiming to revolutionize the world of gaming. We love diversity and we all share our company values of Trust, Accountability, Boldness, Teamwork and Balance. If you feel those values match with your personality, wait no longer, join the ride!!
Our growing gaming company is looking to appoint a talented and experienced Narrative Director to define and execute the game’s narrative strategy, leading the lore, storyline and world building to the next level. You’ll work with a talented team to bring the game world to life and champion the narrative vision amongst other core teams within the company.
You’ll be responsible for shaping the game world’s direction and will work together with your team to drive it forward through production. As an experienced storyteller, you’ll step in to write and create content when needed and provide both editorial and career feedback to improve the team's ability to deliver a compelling story for players.
As Narrative Director You Will:
- Establish, communicate, and champion the narrative direction for the game both internally and externally
- Collaborate directly with your team and project leadership to identify ambitious goals, along with creating a timeline and plan to realize them. Lead with a plan, but also by example as you’ll own large features or aspects of the game
- Develop a thorough knowledge of our game universe, characters, and lore, serving as a key resource for others in the company and communicating constantly with the development team and stakeholders
- Bring your creativity and experience to the table by expanding on the existing game world; an unforgettable storyline with a cast of diverse characters and challenging puzzles/quests that will keep players coming back for more.
- Ensure alignment with the creative vision when developing the main characters and vital narrative elements with the writers, from the conception phase to the release of the game
- Collaborate with the different teams (level designers, game designers, artists, animators, audio designers, etc.) to set the vision and priorities of the narrative and ensure that all the narrative elements are correctly integrated
- Mentor the Lore´s Team through workshops, group discussions, and one-on-one conversations to ensure they’re both challenged and equipped to meet those challenges.
- Bring emotional meaning to the game. Draw on a large range of storytelling tools and techniques to make the story, the characters and the events matter
We are specifically keen to hear from professionals who can demonstrate the following background and experience:
- 8+ years of writing or narrative design experience in the video game industry
- Experience as a narrative director or lead writer on a AA or AAA game (or equivalent)
- Experience managing quality, consistency, and coherency across a team of writers or designers
- Experience coaching a team of writers or designers
- Extensive knowledge of interactive storytelling, plot, and narrative structure in PvP/PvE mobile games
- Proven ability to build memorable, lovable game worlds; craft sharp, clear, goal-oriented dialogue; and create unforgettable, charming characters for diverse target audiences.
- Strong ability to mentor and coach a team
- Preference will be given to candidates that live within +-3 Hours from Central European Time
Being a part of Kryptomon provides a unique experience to the blockchain & gaming revolution. We are a team from different nationalities aiming to create something unique. In addition to that, you’ll enjoy:
- A competitive base salary
- An incredibly diverse and fully-remote team of smart, motivated colleagues from around the world
- Exposure to the new aged world of Blockchain and NFT’s;
- Social events for building strong relationships with colleagues from all across the organization
- Work Life Balance: We believe in autonomy– we offer a flexible schedule
- Unlimited Holiday: tired of a two week vacation quota a year? We believe in results more than anything else
- 100% remote: you can set up your computer and work from wherever in the world
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together